NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THEREFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE WORK OF MISSIONS, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 3-4 PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED BY GOD. PLEASE, JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
- Praise God for carrying us, bearing us on His eagles’ wings (Exodus 19:4) and delivering us from whatever power that could have stopped us from seeing the year 2018.
- Praise God for the land donated for the building of the Ndok Aminika’s mission field church in the Mideast Region. Pray for the financial means and the building material provisions to enable EMS to develop this land.
- Praise God for the life of the inmates Rev. & Mrs. Amah are reaching out to in Mali; two among them have been released after a long time of praying and waiting upon the Lord. One is from the men’s prison and the other from the women’s.
- Praise God for the provision of a projector and projector screen for Rev. & Mrs. Amah’s ministry in Bamako, Mali. This has been a pressing need for this missionary couple, but to God’s glory, it’s now an answered prayer. Ask the Lord to bless the donor.
- Praise God for keeping Rev. Tanimu and family during the period of their two years of ministry in Maradi, Niger Republic as Cross Borders Missionaries.
- Praise God for a successful orientation exercise of Rev. Abdu Garba Kanawa who succeeded Rev. Tanimu in Maradi, Niger Republic.
- Praise God for the safety He granted Rev. Tanimu and family who finally returned to Nigeria after two years of service in Niger Republic.
SATURDAY 6TH Praise God for providing and granting safety to Pas. Azariah Akawo and one of the Togo Pastors who were able to attend the ECWA Pastors International Conference in Nigeria in December.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
I will proclaim the name of the Lord… Deut 32:3a
SUNDAY 7TH EMS MANAGEMENT
- Pray for Rev. Simon Yako, the EMS Director, the EMS management team and the board members for wisdom in leadership, safety in travels and increased grace as they do ministry in the year 2018.
MONDAY 8TH EMS BOARD MEMBERS
- Pray for the EMS Board members, that they would keep their passion strong for the mission and remain committed to the ministry of soul-winning.
TUESDAY 9TH EMS SUPPORTERS
- Pray for our supporters, that they would be committed in supporting, that the Lord would keep them above reproach, devoted to Him and their families, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, and that their work would be blessed in increased measure.
WEDNESDAY 10TH EMS ACCOUNTS DEPARTMEMNT
- Pray for EMS accounting department, as they keep track of budgets, expenses, missionary accounts, and other technical aspects of running the ministry in 2018, that increased wisdom will be granted them.
THURSDAY 11TH NEW MISSIONARIES
- Pray for new missionaries who are recruited to join in the ministry of EMS and are been deployed to various mission fields for God’s grace on them and their families to function effectively.
FRIDAY 12TH SOUTH EAST-ABA DCC Ask the Lord to raise more indigenous mission supporters for EMS in this region this year.
- Ask the Lord to grant us open doors financially for the development of the worship place in Lokpanta mission station.
SATURDAY 13TH NORTH EAST REGION- GOMBE DCC
- Pray for the Fulani people that are found in most of our mission stations in this region that they will see the true way and follow Jesus Christ.
- Let’s not relent in praying for the EMS mission stations in Kurjale and Zanifawa who are in dire need of roofing materials to roof their church buildings. Ask the Lord to grant them and other EMS mission stations with such needs open doors to enable them to meet the needs.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
“As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.” Matt 10:7 NIV
SUNDAY 14TH CENTRAL REGION GARKI DCC
- Ask the Lord to intervene over the EMS mission field school in Munape mission station that has been threatened by Fulani/Muslim terrorists. Also pray for provision of roofing materials, doors and windows for the classrooms under construction.
- Pray for a speedy recovery and stability for Boko EMS coordinator, Pas. Amos Isah, who was involved in a very serious accident on a visit to Niger Republic.
MONDAY 15TH SOUTH NORTH EAST-TARABA DCC
- The son of our missionary, Pastor Feson Joshua, has been psychologically unstable lately; ask the Lord to intervene in his situation and to grant Pastor Joshua and the family grace to stay focused and be prayerful for their child.
TUESDAY 16TH FAR NORTH REGION-KATSINA DCC
- Praise God, and also pray that He bless the ministry of Call of Hope, an EMS support organization. They donated N350,000.00 for the rebuilding of the pastor’s house in Maje Kano DCC. Also pray for the realization of the borehole this organization is working on sinking with overhead tanks in Gidan Bris in Katsina DCC in response to the community need.
- Pray for the need of land to build churches in Far North. It has not been easy to grant church land in the Far North.
WEDNESDAY 17TH NORTH WEST REGION – KADUNA DCC
- Ask the Lord to comfort EMS and the family of Pastor Daniel Nomau who was called home to rest in December 2017. Pray for his five children and six other adopted ones (11 all together) for provisions for their upkeep; and for his wife for grace as she cares for these children.
- Pray for EMS supporters in Kaduna who are affected in the state government policy of workers’ retrenchment, ask the Lord to arise and to intervene on their behalf.
THURSDAY 18TH SOUTH NORTH EAST REGION-TARABA DCC
- Pray for Pastor Bulus Modi, an EMS missionary working in Dong mission field, who lost his properties to a Fulani herdsmen attack. Several of his church members and others villagers were also affected. While we praise God for sparing their lives, let’s ask God to replace the lost items.
- Let’s keep praying for Yamel DCC Coordinator who is in need of a motor bike to enhance his work of supervision and mission generally. Ask the Lord to grant him the needed resources.
FRIDAY 19TH MID EAST REGION-LAFIA DCC
- The mission station in Awase community that is strategically located along the Nigeria/Cameroon border is, to the glory of God, recording good success and is in need of a form of mobility to aid the missionary’s movement for outreaches and evangelism to other distant communities. Ask the Lord to grant opening for this need to be met.
SATURDAY 20TH FAR NORTH WEST REGION
- Pray for God’s wisdom and leadership as preparations are ongoing to wean Awala, Gidan Makeri, Maje and Atabo mission stations into full-fledged churches.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS BORDERS MISSION FIELDS
As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ Matt 10:7 NIV
SUNDAY 21ST Praise God for all the progresses recorded last year (2017) in the cross border EMS
- Let’s not relent in praying for the N300M needed for various EMS cross borders mission projects.
- This year there will be transfers of some cross borders missionaries; pray for safety in travels and for provisions of all necessary logistical needs.
MONDAY 22ND ECWA ZAMBIA CHURCH
- Praise God for the resumption of the Kuzasuwats hospital evangelism and the permission granted to them to do so in the Zambian Government hospital.
- Praise God for raising Justone Banda, who was recently baptized in Zambia. He has offered to join in full-time ministry and this came at the right time when activities in the major township around the copperbelt region are opening, in such areas as Luansha, Chingola, Ndola, Mufirila and Kalulushi.
- Praise God for Mrs. Idah Kayeka who offered her house for a prayer house to begin in Ndola which is in the Copper belt province, Zambia.
TUESDAY 23RD ECWA KENYA CHURCH
- Praise God for the successful graduation of 6 pupils in the kindergarten from the EMS School in Utawala Nairobi, Kenya and for the commendable efforts of the committed teachers.
- Praise God for the successful baptism of seven new members added to the church and for the renewed commitment among the members in Utawala, Kenya.
- Pray for the provision of funds to run the school; textbooks, stationaries, a school bus and a land for building both church and classrooms are needed in Utawala Nairobi Kenya. We are praying for N26M.
WEDNESDAY 24THH ECWA MALI CHURCH
- Pray for God’s divine visitation upon the life of Hamidou Guirou who is facing spiritual dryness as a result of his family’s challenges.
- Foundation laying process had slowed down for lack of about 500,000 FCFA to lay the foundation for the whole fence. Please pray for God’s provision to complete the foundation.
THURSDAY 25TH ECWA BURKINA FASO CHURCH
- Ask the Lord to grant an opening for the replacement of Pastor Dauda’s motor bike that was damaged in an accident he was involved in while returning from church registration processes with the government of Burkina Faso.
- Pray for God to provide ECWA Ouagadougou with a place of worship, this has been a huge need for some time.
FRIDAY 26TH CHAD REPUBLIC
- Praise God for the progress that is being recorded in Chad Republic: 49 mission stations and their 3 prayer cells (Ojogor, Oongogo and Oomo-dagahla) opened this quarter.
- Praise God for the 164 people who accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior this quarter! Pray for their spiritual growth.
SATURDAY 27TH ECWA TOGO CHURCH
- Praise God for the progress made so far regarding the vision of starting ECWA Theological School in Togo. We thank God it is gradually becoming a reality; by God’s grace ECWA Togo has fully accepted and approved this project to start in September 2018!
- Pray for God to provide support for a borehole for Tota Village and Kedjida Cope which will amount to N150, 000 naira each.
WEEK FIVE: FOCUS ON OTHER EMS MISSION ARMS
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Luke 4:18-19 NIV
SUNDAY 28TH EMS CHILDREN/MISSION FIELD SCHOOLS
- Praise God for looking after EMS children in mission field schools with staff, pupils and students throughout the Christmas holidays and for bringing them back to school for the second term.
- Ask the Lord to grant financial opening to parents struggling to pay their children’s school fees.
- Pray for greater wisdom and grace for effective teaching in all teachers in EMS children and mission field schools.
MONDAY 29TH EMS MEDICAL UNIT
- Ask the Lord to grant speedy recovery to missionaries and their supporters that are suffering ill health; also pray that God grants all EMS staff sound health to work effectively in 2018.
TUESDAY 30TH EMS HOUSE OF HOPE
- Pray that the Lord will protect the children under our care in each EMS House of Hope across the country from kidnappers.
- Pray for God’s provision towards meeting the needs of these children and other categories of people EMS House of Hope has targeted to minister to in 2018.
- Pray for the safety of the staff of EMS House of Hope in all their ministry works and travels.
WEDNESDAY 31TH EMS DRIVING UNIT
- Ask God for divine protection on all EMS vehicles and drivers from January through December 2018. Pray that we will not record any car lost and death of any staff through accident this year in Jesus’ name. Amen!
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US THROUGH JANUARY 2018.
MORE GRACE AND GOD’S BLESSINGS AS YOU RELENTLESSLY PRAY WITH US THROUGH 2018. SHALOM!!!