EMS OF ECWA
PRAISE & PRAYER, FEBRUARY 2016
Prayer/Counseling hotline: 08033673654, 08051614880
Brethren, pray for us (1 Thess. 5:25)
WEEK ONE-FOCUS ON PRAISE/THANKSGIVING
“Oh that men should praise the Lord for His goodness and for His wonderful works…” Ps.107:8
NOTE: WE ARE FASTING FIRST MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH!FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS AS WE TRUST GOD TO BE JOINING FAITH IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD IN PRAYERS FOR A STEADY AND A FRUITFUL GROWTH OF EMS, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, AND FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE, IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 4-5PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVINIENCE PLEASE AS YOU ARE LED TO BY GOD. JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
MONDAY 1ST Ascribe Praise to God for His divine protection over the lives of EMS missionaries and their families in Lafia DCC despite several crises that occurred in Nasarawa state in 2015.
TUESDAY 2ND Worship God for graciously delivering our missionaries in various fields from terrible sickness last month, and for many who are receiving healing from their infirmities These include Pas. Anthony Unenge and Pas. Stephen Adamu who had accidents in Makurdi.
Pray that God should grant us grace to devote our strength and good health to a humble, holy and obedient walk with Him in February and beyond.
WEDNESDAY 3RD Praise to God for the weaning of three prayer houses in Panda DCC,namely; Amburma, Buzijung, and Kogin Taro. Pray for Gods sustaining grace upon these churches as they now worship as full-fledged LCBs.
THURSDAY 4TH Praise the Lord for Journey mercy granted to Rev. Stephen Panyan Baba the Cross Borders coordinator to and from Mali. Also, thank God for the safe arrival of Rev. Silas Yako and his family from the Gambia, pray for more of God’s grace upon him as he continues his ministry in another capacity.
FRIDAY 5TH Praise God for the positive impact the EMS Sports Unit is making in the life of many young people: Pray for the salvation of the unbelieving youths in Sports Ministry of EMS who are willing to become believers of Christ, that they will have boldness to do that.
SATURDAY 6TH Thank God for the safety of Pastor Kenneth Goni, an EMS missionary in Jigawa DCC whose life was threatened by unknown men via his cell phone. Pray that all measures taken by the security agents for his safety will prove effective. Also, pray for the safety of all EMS missionaries against arm-robbers, kidnapers and Islamic militants.
WEEK TWO-FOCUS ON EMS ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE AND HOME MISSION FILDS
“Woe unto me if I preach not the gospel” I Cor.9:16
SUNDAY 7TH A good number of prayer houses/churches have been planted in the past years but with one or two challenges especially that of the need for adequate places of worship. While some stations worship in rented apartments, school classrooms and uncompleted buildings, others still worship under tree sheds.
That in the year 2016, EMS stations in Sabon Gida, Sabon Gari, Bagaji, Ang/Kanti (All in Keffi DCC).Ugba, Ogoja, Mbaza, Oju, Obi and Igoli (All in Makurdi DCC). Useni, Karmo and Sardauna (all in Nasarawa DCC) will be granted favor to have habitable church buildings.
That God should raise men and women who will stand in the gap in giving towards meeting the urgent need for wells in Okore, Sanzaras, and Ungwan Tsakiya. (PANDA DCC).
- MID-CENTRAL, KAGORO: Thank God for the life, Family and Ministry of Rev. Ma’aji Zakka the New Regional Coordinator. Pray for more of God’s grace and favor upon Him to function effectively in this new region.
NORTH WEST REGION, KADUNA: Thank God, for the success of Coordinators Seminar held on 22-23rd of January and the EMS awareness that was held at Kurmin Musa DCC on the 30rd-31rd of January.
TUESDAY 9TH CENTRAL REGION, JOS: Glorify God for the life, family and ministry of Rev. Danladi Gana, the new Regional Coordinator. His pregnant dear wife took ill last month and at the process lost her 6 months pregnancy; thank God for her safety and pray for speedy recovery and God’s increasing strength. Also, Pray for God’s provisions towards the need for EMS Coorditor’s House in this region and for hospital/medical facilities in Boko Area.
WEDNESDAY 10TH NORTH EAST, GOMBE: Pray for God’s increasing Grace and favor on the new coordinator in the person of Rev. Yunana Missal.
- Pray for Gods sustaining grace on the 26 new converts made last month in this region.
- Pray for Gods healing grace on Rev. Samaila Hamma, an EMS missionary at Jamjara Prayer house under Waja DCC who currently suffers paralysis.
THURSDAY 11TH SOUTH NORTH EAST, TARABA: Praise God for the 17 new converts in Waka EMS station.15 among the converts are from an African Traditional Religion (ATR) background, while 2 were from Muslim faith background, thank God for the provision and success of their baptism; pray for God’s sustaining grace upon them.
FRIDAY12TH CITY MINISTRY OF EMS: Pray for the complete healing of Caleb who was down towards the end of last year. Bingham University Teaching Hospital ran several tests on him but nothing was discovered. He was taken to JUTH on 7/1 /2016 and there has not been any improvement medically. Jesus heals.
- Pray for Mr. & Mrs. Felix Dickson who were teachers at Gyero Center but have left to pastor a church in their home DCC at Kurmin Musa.
SATURDAY 13TH EMS MEDICAL UNIT: Ill health or lack of prompt and adequate medication is one of the striking challenge our missionaries, especially those in rural places are faced with.
- For Rev. Gayus Dogara, the former EMS Medical Coordinator who has retired, that the Lord should renew his strength and grace him for increasing, fruitful Christian walk with the Lord.
- That God will steer the heart of men and women who are medically inclined to join this ministry as their medical proficiency will serve greatly in enhancing the growth of the ministry.
- That the Lord will heal Mrs. Rose Sunday Udeh, an EMS missionary’s wife in Makurdi DCC who suffered stroke and epilepsy and for sick EMS missionaries family members.
- In addition, thank God for the actualization of the EMS Mobil Clinic as prayed for last month. Pray for an effective usage of these great resources.
WEEK THREE-FOCUS ON CROSS BOARDERS MISSION FIELDS
“… Go into all the world and Preach the Godnews…” Mark. 16:15
SUNDAY 14TH MALAWI:
- Thank God for the unity in some of the zones in Malawi and serious commitment in the entire zones to the translation work of the “Creation to Christ” discipleship book.
- Pray for God’s provision towards the adoption of seven more indigenes as missionaries in Malawi.
- Pray for the provision of a bus for the ministry in ECWA Malawi and thank God for the successful first baptism ceremony of ECWA gospel Church Kitwe, Zambia, where14 members were baptized on 20th December 2015.
MONDAY 15TH CHAD :
- Pray for Gounou-ndolo mission station where 6 people were bitten by viper snake within a month, which resulted to the instantaneous death of 2 people.
- Thank God, for sparing the life of Pastor Haruna Luke, at Mogoi 1 mission station who was attacked in the middle of the night in his house by armed robbers who robbed him of his bicycle and other valuables.
- Thank God, for the provision of a well at Morne Village, indeed it is a means of reaching out to unbelievers in the Villages. Pray for God to provide wells in 22 other Villages with critical need of water.
- Thank God, for the lives of 284 people who were baptized from 37 different mission stations and pray for God to sustain their faith.
- Pray for the provision of a bus for the ministry in Chad.
TUESDAY 16TH TOGO:
- Thank God for resolving the problem of the land that was given to us in Tota Mission Field, after a lot of disagreement and fighting another land was given to the Tota Mission field to replace the first land.
- Praise God for the successful church planting in Zanguera and University of Lomé Togo.
- Pray for God's providence for the building of mission Church in Kaboli (N2, 000.000.00).
- Pray for God to provide support of borehole and grinding machine for Tota Village where God has opened doors for EMS of ECWA. It is indeed an urgent need that requires an urgent attention
- Pray for God to provide EMS of ECWA Togo with a vehicle for the purpose of mission work, the challenges are obvious. Also, pray for the provision of about (N3, 500,000), for two hectares of land urgently needed for Togo ECWA Headquarters.
WEDNESDAY 17TH KENYA:
- Thank God for the successful starting of ECWA Academy. Pray for God to provide professional teachers who can teach in the school and for the formal registration of the school.
- Thank God for using some of the unbelieving parents to allow their children to attend our Church who are serving as vessel of bringing their parents to Church.
- Pray for God to touch the government of Kenya so that they would lift the ban placed on registration of Churches to enable the registration of ECWA Kenya. Pray for the provision of a bus for the ministry in ECWA Kenya.
THURSDAY 18TH NIGER REPUBLIC:
- Thank God for a successful visit of 33 members of ECWA Wuse 2 Evangelism Team to Niger during Christmas.
- Thank God, for the provision of Resident Permit for Rev. & Mrs. Tanimu, this has declared them Legal Citizens in Niger.
- Pray for God to provide a permanent accommodation and place of worship in Niger.
- Pray for God to actualize the vision of starting a Higher Bible and Theological Training Institution in Niger towards the award of degree in theology. Also, Pray for the provision of a bus for the ministry in Niger.
FRIDAY 19TH BENIN REPUBLIC:
- Thank God for the commitment seen in Church members towards Sunday service and Bible studies.
- Thank God for the progress made so far concerning the registration of EMS of ECWA’s work in Benin Republic.
- Thank God, for the successful combined service held by the two prayer houses in Cotonou which was organized to praise God and to get to know each other.
- Pray for the provision of two buses for the ministry in Benin.
- Pray for provision of Church lands for ECWA Benin.
- Pray that God would bless and strengthen our partnership with SIM related Church UEEB Benin on some Mission fields.
SATURDAY 20TH Pray for the supernatural release of money and every material resources that is needed for EMS and ECWA as a whole to fulfil our mandate everywhere.Phil.14:19.
WEEK FOUR-FOCUSES ON CHURCH GROWTH AND REVIVAL
“…to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the hearts of the contrite one”.Isa.57:15
SUNDAY 21ST ECWA MINSTERS/STAKEHOLDERS: Pray that God may be with ECWA ministers and stakeholders, save them from all error, ignorance, pride, and prejudice; and of his great mercy vouchsafe.
- Ask that He directs, sanctifies and govern them in their work, so that the Gospel of Christ may be truly preached, truly received and truly followed in all places ECWA is commissioned to reach out to.
MONDAY 22ND NIGERIAN LEADERSHIP: Praise God for Nigeria as a nation, President Buhari, his Vice, State Governors, and Ministers. The Senate, House of Representatives and the Judiciary; ask that the Lord should be pleased to direct, and prosper all their consultations in 2016 to the advancement of His glory, and the good of the Church, the safety, honor, and welfare of His people.
TUESDAY 23RD THE CHURCH/HOMES: Pray that God should bless His church with honorable leaders who have sound learning, and pure manners. Pray that He endues us with the spirit Spirit of wisdom and that they may be peace and increasing joy in our Christian homes and that through obedience to His law, we may show forth His praise among the nations of the earth.
WEDNESDAY 24TH Pray that God may fill our hearts with thankfulness in the time of prosperity, and His should suffer not our trust in Him to fail in the days of trouble.
THURSDAY 25TH Praise God for the growth of the church universally .Pray that He may fill it (the church) with all truth, in all peace. Pray that where it is corrupt, He would purify; where it is in error, He would direct it; where it is divided, He would reunite it; for the sake of Jesus Christ His Son, and our Lord.
FRIDAY 26TH Pray that the Prince of peace may give us Christians grace to seriously lay to heart the great dangers we are in by our unhappy division. Ask that He takes away all hatred and prejudice, and whatsoever else may hinder us from godly union and concord, so we may be all of one heart and may with one mind and one mouth glorify him.
SATURDAY 27TH MRS JUSTINA BALA: Pray that the Lord should increase upon His daughter the grace, wisdom and strength to function effectively in her office as the pool secretary to the EMS administrator. Also, pray for her family for God’s revival, for her son Jerry for God’s restoration and for her brother Elijah for Gods God’s healing.
SUNDAY 28TH EMMANUEL JOHN G. Thank God for the life of Bro. Emma the Secretary to the EMS administrator and EMS Computer Maintenance Officer. Pray that God should increase upon him grace for effective, selfless work in 2016, also pray for the success of his marriage plans coming up in April 2016, and for a fruitful home.
MONDAY 29TH REV, Dr. BAKARI I. BUNGA: Appreciate God for the life of the EMS administrator and his family through year 2015 AND FOR HIS Wife’s lecturing appointment with JETS.
- As he (Dr. Bakari) depends on God for selfless service in 2016, pray that God should grant him excellent mind, increasing wisdom, sound health and favor for him and his family before God and before men.
- Pray for the conversion of many of his relatives who are still Muslims, and also pray for God’s opening towards the provision for a house of their own.
- Thank God for answered prayers and for His grace upon you to pray with us this month February 2016. Pray for more of His grace to be committed to praying with us in March 2016.