THURSDAY 1ST Thank God for His sustaining Grace on all EMS missionaries and all mission stations throughout the year 2016. Praise God for safety in travels and for the success of programs carried out from January to date.
FRIDAY 2ND Praise God for the successful First Anniversary celebration of 1st ECWA Maradi, in Niger Republic.
SATURDAY 3RD EMS Kenya Mission Field School that was started with 2 pupils has grown to have 22 pupils at the moment and we were able to register the school with the government under the name “Jos School” because they refused all the names that has either the word church or evangelical on it. Praise God for this achievement.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE AND HOME MISSION FIELDS
“Those who manifest wisdom will shine like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like the stars for ever and ever”. Daniel 12:3
SUNDAY 4TH EMS ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD OFFICE:
- Pray that administrative staff will have the wisdom and emotional strength to do their work well.
- Ask the Lord to help them come up with creative ways to meet the challenges of their ministry.
- Ask God to grant them patience with themselves and others, also for a good sense of humor to relate friendly at all times.
- Pray for the about 100 newly employed missionaries as they go into the mission fields for them to be focus and effective.
- Pray for missionaries on transfers, that the Lord should equip them for fruitful ministry in their new mission stations.
NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THERERFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. AS WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND A FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE, IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 4-5PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED TO BY GOD. PLEASE. JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
MONDAY 5TH SOUTH NORTH EAST REGION: Ask the Lord to comfort the family of Pastor
Hamidu Hamma who lost his daughter to a snake bite. Also ask the Lord to protect our missionaries, especially those in rural places from demonic attack and reptiles.
TUESDAY 6TH FAR NORTH REGION: Ask the Lord to comfort the family of our missionary, Pastor Umaru Magaji who was ran over by a Tipper truck. Never relent in praying for the safety of our missionaries with their families in their various mission fields across the globe.
- Pray for the success of Pas. Bulus Pobe and Pas. Ishaku Yususf’s wedding, also ask the Lord to bless their homes.
WEDNESDAY 7TH NORTH CENTRAL, JOS: Ask the Lord to direct in the planning of the mission conference scheduled to hold from the 13th to 16th of Dec.2016, also pray for it’s success.
THURSDAY 8TH MID EAST REGION-LAFIA:
- Gurku-Toni is a community were one of our missionary is stationed; The major challenge this community is faced with is promiscuity and sexual immorality which has become a way of life to both the young and old, married and singles alike. Ask the Lord for mercy over this land and for the move of God’s power that will bring true repentance.
- Ask the Lord to keep our missionary and his family safe from the forces of darkness waging war against the work of mission in this land.
FRIDAY 9TH MID CENTRAL REGION-KAGORO: Praise God for His sustaining grace on 7 mission stations in this region; by His grace these stations will soon be weaned to the DCC. Ask the Lord to prepare the missionaries for new fields and that these stations will wax stronger and adopt young mission fields as missionary sending churches.
SATURDAY 10TH CENTRAL REGION-ABUJA:
Ask the Lord to bring forth workers (missionary teachers) to enable us improve on the administrative set-up in Munape and Wana Mission Field Schools.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS ON CHRISTIAN HOMES, REVIVAL, OTHER EMS MISSION ARMS, AND MISSION AGENCIES.
Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you? Show us your mercy, Lord, and grant us your salvation. Psalm 85:6-7
SUNDAY 11TH CHRISTIAN HOMES: Many Christian homes are in a state of crisis, yet they continue to act like everything is normal. Ask the Lord, to rescue such homes from despair, grant us peace in our homes, and grant blessing over our families.
- Ask the Lord to help us at family level to think about that family member, co-worker or neighbor near us who needs to hear the gospel, so we could reach out to them.
MONDAY 12TH RIVIVAL FOR MISSIONS: Many churches are dying for lack of Soul Winners, teachers, church workers and missionary senders. Furthermore, we can start only as many churches as we have church planters to start them. Only God can grant a genuine passion for missions:
- Pray to God for a great revival in our churches that will produce an explosion of mission projects, new ministries and new churches.
- Pray that God will call thousands into ministry, missions and Christian service.
TUESDAY 13TH EMS SPORT MINISTRY: Sport friends’ basic training was held on the 8th – 11th of November in Bwari DCC in EMS Central Region. The training which turned out very successful had 87 missionaries in attendance. Pray that trained missionaries will be passionate to implement all they learnt during training in their mission fields.
WEDNESDAY 14TH EMS PRAYER AND PROMOTION UNIT: Thank God for the lives and families of Rev. Titus Turaki, (Prayer/Promotion Coordinator), Pas. Pallyon’top Johnjames (Research Officer) and Mr. Theophilos Moses (I.T Personnel) who work together in this Unit. Pray that the Lord would increase upon them His grace, wisdom and strength to function effectively in this Unit. Also pray for God’s protection and provision for their families. Pray for the EMS Documentaries that this Unit has been able to produce that let God use to meet it’s purpose of production it.
THURSDAY 15TH MISSIONARY KIDS: The Missionary Kids (Mks) Worldwide did not choose their lot. They only accompanied their parents who were answering a call from God. As a result some of them, were forced into situations that most of our children never face and often face problems many of us would never consider. They are in desperate need of prayer.
- Pray that the Mks would keep their priorities straight. Pray that God would place a call on their lives as well.
- Pray that they would find God’s perfect will for their lives.
- Pray that they would be protected from the bad influences in their lives.
- Pray for their emotional stability and personal growth.
- Pray that the parents would encourage their children and involve them in their ministry as much as possible.
FRIDAY 16TH MISSION AGENCIES: Pray that administrators within Christian mission organization, will make good decisions, provide wise counsel and be encouraging. Pray for unity and spiritual vitality among mission organizations agencies especially in Nigeria. Ask God to meet the needs of these agencies.
SATURDAY 17TH EMS CITY MINISTRIES: City ministries will be holding a mission awareness in Zagun DCC tomorrow, Sunday the 18th. Ask the Lord to grant them favor before the people and grace to preach the gospel truth in all the churches they will be visiting.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS BOARDERS MISSION FIELDS
"I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.” Luke 4:43-44 NIV
SUNDAY 18TH CROSS BORDERS CRITICAL NEED: EMS is still trusting God for the sum of about N300M that is urgently needed for various critical Cross Borders Projects ranging from purchase of lands for church building, missionary allowance/rentage, e.t.c. Let’s not relent in praying for these needs.
- Pray for the formal registration of EMS/ECWA in cross borders mission fields- E.g. ECWA Niger, ECWA Mali, ECWA Kenya and others.
MONDAY 19TH NIGER REPUBLIC MISSION FIELD: Thank God for Mai – Albarka the son of Rev. Ishaya Tanimu, the EMS missionary to Niger Republic, he has being able to share the gospel with his classmates. Ask the Lord to give him more increase wisdom and boldness to continue witnessing about the risen Christ to his circle of influence/classmates.
TUESDAY 20TH CAMEROON MISSION FIELD:
- Praise God for the growth of the prayer house at Yaoundé.
- Praise God for Divine protection on Rev. Moise Batein as he coordinates the work of EMS in Cameroon.
WEDNESDAY 21ST MALI MISSION FIELD:
- Pastor & Mrs. Amah are trusting God to respond to an invitation for partnership on prison ministry with 'Christian and Missionary Alliance' who are connecting with some Nigerians in prostitution and in prisons. Pray for a fruitful partnership.
- Pray for Pastor & Mrs. Amah as they are trusting God for funds to begin building work on the land purchased for ECWA Bamako, Mali. Demarcations with sign post and clearing to claim ownership has been done successfully.
THURSDAY 22ND KENYA MISSION FIELD – Pastor Peter M. Mutunga with his congregation of 14 adults and 22 children met to raise funds for purchasing land for the purpose of Church and school building. The Lord opened doors and they were able to raise KSh 60, 000 and a pledge of KSh 30, 000, out of the total sum of Eight Million Kenyan Shilling (Ksh. 8 mill) they are trusting God for to enable them buy at least two plots of land.
- Ask the Lord bless their good heart and increase their commitment.
- Pray for God's provision as they trust Him for the balance.
- The Lord brought 5 children – three boys and two girls – to himself during one of the Kenyan church community outreach. These five have agreed to meet with the Pastor twice a week for discipleship. Ask the Lord to enable them to be committed to the discipleship classes.
FRIDAY 23RD ZAMBIA MISSION FIELD.
- Praise God for ten people who gave their lives to the Lord Jesus. Among which are some husbands of some of the church committed member. Pray that they will be committed to serving God alongside other members of the church.
- Pray that God would bring expansion and progress in Kabwe Central Province Mission Field.
SATURDAY 24TH GAMBIA MISSION FIELD.
- Praise God for the peaceful co-existence our missionaries are having with the people in the communities they work. This have given birth to new prayer houses that were opened in areas where no church existed. God has also bless them with men/women of peace in those locations.
- Our missionaries frequently meet with people from other religions who either attended mission schools or participate in Christian activities such as translation of books or sermons but are not believers. Pray for God to reveal himself to these unbeliever as they relates with our missionaries.
- Pray for Christians in Gambia to rise to their responsibility of being the light and salt of the land.
WEEK FIVE: FOCUS ON CHURCH LEADERS AND NATIONS’ LEADERS
“Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God…” Hebrews 13:7
SUNDAY 25TH Pray for increased sense of urgency and realization by church leaders and members that we are living at the end of time and that Jesus is coming soon.
- Pray that church leaders will increase emphasis on having local churches sponsor young people in mission outreach and service opportunities through “short time Mission” and many other programs to focus the attention of church members on the mission God has given us.
MONDAY 26TH CHURCH LEADERS WITH CULTISM: Pray that the strong-hold of darkness, of control by evil spirits, and enchantment with magic would be broken in our churches. Pray that church leaders who still dabble in these things would be convicted to separate from darkness and seek to hold on to Christ’s arm of strength
TUESDAY 27TH CHURCH LEADERS AGAINST THE GREAT COMMISSION: To some, Church leadership today is more about “getting my needs met rather than reaching the lost”.
- Ask the Lord to keep church leaders focused and passionate about the Great Commission so that they lead in carrying the banner for reaching the lost Souls.
WEDNESDAY 28TH ECWA CHURCH LEADERS/UNITE HEADS: – Pray for the Year-End meetings that are being held by ECWA leaders at the GCC, DCC, LCC and LCB Levels around the world. Pray for God to give wisdom to the leaders as they deliberate on church progress in all ramification and that Mission and Evangelism which defines us as a denomination will be of top priority.
THURSDAY 29TH NIGERIAN LEADERS:
- Ask the Lord to grant President Mohammed Buhari with his cabinet the right blueprint for Nigeria like he gave Pharaoh in a dream and a vision as to what ancient Egypt ought to do to preserve a future for her people.
- Pray that every evil counselor or adviser that has access to our President be uprooted. Let their counsel be frustrated like they counsel of Ahithophel.
FRIDAY 30TH NATIONS OF THE WORLD:
- Pray that as the people who are charged with representing our nations bridge culture, race, and religion to painstakingly negotiate terms of trade and forge alliances of security. May they view their task as sacred and be filled with hope, creativity, and endurance so that the bonds they forge among nations may bring mutual benefit and lasting peace.
- Ask the Lord who is the Fount of wisdom, to bless world political and spiritual leaders, grant that through their discussions and decisions they may solve our problems effectively, enhance the well-being of our nations, and achieve together a fairer and more united society, as this will foster and enhance the propagation of the gospel around the world.
SATURDAY 31TH NIGERIAN MEGA CITIES: Pray for Nigeria most populous urban areas, cities, the likes of Lagos, Ibadan, Kano and Abuja as well as others which contain 80% of its urban poor. Let us pray that as the Spirit touches these cities, so God will ignite new movements for the Gospel throughout these cities.
Dear Beloved in Christ, Thank you for your faithful prayers and support. We at EMS are forever grateful to God our Father for your partnership in the building up of His kingdom. The love you have shown towards the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has been a great source of achievements, blessings and encouragement. MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU FOR STANDING IN THE GAP IN PRAYER WITH US THROUGH THIS YEAR 2016? SHALOM!!!