NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
First (1st) Monday of every month is to be observed nationally and internationally as ems prayer and fasting day. Therefore, all ems arms, missionaries, office staff, prayer partners and supporters should please endeavor to join the ems international head office in prayers. As we join faith and trust god in one accord with brethren around the world for a steady and a fruitful growth of the kingdom of god, peace and the salvation of nations, for revival and spiritual growth of the church. Our cooperate prayer time at the head office, is 8-9am, 12-1pm, and 3-4 pm respectively. You can join us in prayers wherever you may be at those times or make out time of your own convenience as you are led to by god. Please. Just be sure to pray along as you fast.
Praise God for His intervention on Christians from the Muslims attack at Kaffin Koro on the 9th of April 2017 after a Church Service. Ask the Lord to comfort the families of those who lost their beloved ones and for healing for all who were injured.
Praise God for the successful ruffing of the three classes in Randa Mission Field School in Kwassam DCC. Ask the Lord to provide more finances and building materials for the completion of the project.
Praise God for the safe return of Peter Fretheim the EMS City Ministries consultant back to Nigeria from his home Country, the U.S. Also thank the Lord for giving him the privilege of sharing the ministry needs of the City ministries. Pray that God will continue to touch the lives of those who heard his report to support financially and materially.
Praise God for the provision of 12 desktop computers and 3 laptops as donation to the City ministries to equip the computer lab in Kaduna center EMS City Ministry (Gidan Bege).
Praise God for the fruitful ministry of George Mwila in Kapiri-Nposhi central Province of Zambia. As many new converts are been recorded from his Outreaches and Evangelism. Pray for the spiritual growth of the three amongst them that are undergoing discipleship.
- Praise God for protecting our EMS missionaries in the Gambia during the country’s political tension, by God's grace the situation is now stabilized.
- Continue to praise God for the peace, since after the new Government took over.
- Praise God for the freedom that the missionaries have in sharing the Gospel with The Gambians.
FOCUS IS ON EMS ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE AND HOME MISSION FIELDS.
“Those who manifest wisdom will shine like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like the stars for ever and ever”. Daniel 12:3
EMS ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD OFFICE
Pray for EMS Administrative staff who are taking their annual leave to rest, especially the EMS Administrator, Rev. Dr. Ibrahim Bakari. Ask the Lord to help them rest well, also to grant them safety as they travel during their leave.
DIRE NEED FOR MISSIONARIES
Due to urgent need of church planting demand currently going on, in various unreached Mission Fields within and outside of Nigeria, we want you to pray for God to raise more Missionaries. Also ask the Lord to raise more supporters that will give financially for missionaries to go.
CENTRAL REGION GARKI
Ask the Lord to bring complete healing and deliverance upon Pas. Gamaliel Commander, the EMS missionary in Pyakasa who has suffered series of spiritual attacks and is currently sick and is receiving treatment. Also you should continue to pray that the Lord will keep our missionaries safe and their families from demonic attacks in their various mission fields.
SOUTH NORTH EAST-JALINGO
Pray for the safety and success of the missionaries’ conference in the South North East that will be holding from 10th to 13th May in Shongom DCC.
Pas. John Esla has been graced by God to start a new Mission Field School in his mission station. Praise God for the building of some classes that has commenced. Pray that God will provide N700,000 for the purchase of 5 bundles of zinc, 15 bags of cement, 5 doors and 8 windows and a missionary teachers.
NORTH – EAST REGION-GOMBE
Pastor Isah Yusuf, a missionary serving under Gombe DCC lost his son by name Joshua. Ask the Lord to comfort the family and many other missionaries’ families around the world who have lost their loved ones.
NORTH CENTRAL REGION JOS
Ask the Lord to make provision for the sum of N1, 656,777 that is urgently needed to pay the outstanding of the missionaries’ allowances in this region. Also ask the Lord to grant financial blessings to the supporters in this region so that they can meet up with their obligations.
FOCUS ON OTHER EMS MISSION ARMS
EMS – MEDICAL UNIT
Ask the Lord to bring healing on Pastor Ishaku who was operated upon. Also, keep praying for other missionaries and their families who are suffering from one ill-health or other.
EMS CHILDREN AND FIELD MISSION SCHOOL
Pray that students & pupils in the EMS children and Mission Field Schools would show proper respect for the authorities that God have placed over them. Ask the Lord to help them grow spiritually, so that they can speak and act in a way that is respectful to their teachers, administrators, and other school staff. Romans 13:1-5
EMS CITY MINISTIRES
Ask the Lord to revive the Kano “EMS City Ministry” Outreach Arm. Also pray for God’s provisions for us to repair 5 of our water bore holes that are down, to meet the boys’ transition house need in Jos that is faced with serious water challenge.
EMS SPORTS MINISTRIES
- Pray for communities where our missionaries are working and are using sports to encourage local children's football teams. That it will also serve as a channel of reaching out to children with the Gospel of Lord Jesus Christ.
- Pray for more effectiveness as the EMS missionaries use sports as a tool for ministry and for establishing relationships.
EMS CRISES RELIEF & PROJECT UNIT
- Pray that God in His providence will look with mercy on His servants who are been persecuted for their faith in Him; that God will grant them perseverance and courage to be worthy imitators of Christ.
- Pray that God will provide resources needed by EMS to reach out to the crises victims in different parts of Nigeria.
EMS “ISHMAEL” EVANGELISM UNIT
- Pray for the persecutors of the church that they may have a Damascus road conversion to faith in Jesus and repent of their evil, just as Paul did.
- Pray for justice to prevail in the nations around the world, for victims of terrorist attacks.
- Ask God to give wisdom to the leaders of these Nations to work for peace among all peoples, and to stiffen their resolution to fight evil and to stand up for the weak.
ECWA TELEVISION MINISTRY
- Pray for Rev. Stephen Panya Baba, the E.TV Coordinator for God’s wisdom as he leads the Television Ministry.
- Pray for all the staffs that will serve in the Television Ministry of ECWA to realize the significance of their role in sharing the Gospel through the medium of Television
- Pray over the equipment, to function properly as they are preparing for broadcasting.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would work through each broadcast to touch the lives of those who are watching and listening.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS BORDERS MISSION FIELDS
"I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.” Luke 4:43-44 NIV
INAUGURATION OF ZAMBIA & MALAWI
EMS is trusting God for the inauguration of ECWA Zambia and Malawi by the last quarter of this year (2017). Pray along with us as we put things together to make this a reality.
- Praise God for the safe delivery of Mrs. Thibaut Assikoto with a baby girl, a member of the ECWA Church in Godomey Benin Republic.
- Pray for God to bless the new mission work at Porto Novo, Benin Republic with souls.
- Pray for God to provide a problem free land for our two ECWA Churches in Cotonou, Benin Republic.
- Pray for suitable Missionaries in Chad Republic to be sent for Urban Church Planting in N'Djamena, Chad Republic.
- Thank God for the ECWA Chad inauguration that was done successfully. Pray for the church growth in Chad.
- Pray for God’s providence to enable us meet the numerous urgent needs that were observed during the official inauguration of ECWA Chad Republic; which includes, the need of more missionaries, purchase of lands for church building purposes, the need of Bore holes and many others.
- Pray for the Gambian field as they trust God for three more missionaries as early as possible.
- Pray for God's provision towards the challenge of places of worship in most of the Gambian new stations of ministry. Some places use verandas, under trees, and homes for worship especially in Sukuta and Coastal road. While in Darsilami, Soma, and Jidda we already have lands (two were purchased and one was given). Pray for funds to develop the lands for worship.
- ECWA 1 Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso is in dire need of a worship place outside the house they are using, pray for God to provide 300, 000F (N249, 000) for the construction of a Church batcher.
- Considering the growth of the Ministry in Burkina Faso mission fields, there is an urgent need to engage at least 3 Nationals for the progress of the work. Do pray for God's provision to meet this pressing need.
- Pray for the progress and success of the registration of ECWA Burkina Faso.
- Pray for EMS Missionaries serving in Zambia for favor before God and in the communities where they are serving, so that their lives will make positive impact in the society in spite of the oppositions around them.
- Pray for the plans on ground to involve more indigenous missionaries for enlarging the work in Zambia.
Pray for God to provide at least 6 motorcycles for the missionaries that are working in the interior part of Togo to enable them work effectively.
FOCUS ON CHRISTIAN REVIVAL, AND HOMES
“…Revive us so we can call on your name once more. Psalm 80:18
REVIVAL FOR MISSION
- Pray that God will move in the hearts of believers in Nigeria and elsewhere to make a new commitment of time and finances and prayerfully support the work of missions in Africa.
- Pray for a growing vision and passion across Christian Denominations, to reach people with the gospel of Christ worldwide.
MISSIONARY KIDS AROUND THE WORLD
In line with 2 Timothy 2:22 (“Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart”) Pray that Missionary Kids would flee from evil desires and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, enjoying the company of other children in mission fields who love the Lord and are willing to serve Him.
- Pray for God’s strength and comfort for missionaries whose family members (especially parents, grandparents, and siblings) have suffered serious illnesses and tragedies.
- Pray for the comfort of the Holy Spirit upon missionaries who lose their loved ones while far away from home.
- Pray for God to put his hedge of protection around missionaries serving in difficult parts of the world.
- Ask the Lord to strengthen our faith so that we can extend His grace to the unreached people of the world.
- Ask God to bring about an awakening of His presence to Nigeria as never seen before.
- Pray that His Name will be proclaimed, and that all plans to silence the Name of Jesus would be thwarted and crushed.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US IN THE MONTH OF MAY.
MORE GRACE AND GOD’S BLESSINGS AS YOU RELENTLESSLY PRAY WITH US THROUGH 2017.SHALOM!!!