To be a truly happy person in this world, our first step is to accept Jesus Christ into our lives and lower our expectations of everything. “For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven… A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance.” Ecclesiastes 3:1, 4.
- According to Oprah Winfrey, “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV) says “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.“
- Don’t take being a Christian for granted, thank God for saving you through His son Jesus Christ and for being alive and praising Him. Ask Him to mold you,“And yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We all are formed by your hand.” Isaiah 64:8
- Thank God for the blessings He showered on you; materials, love, forgiveness and everlasting life. “I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.” Psalm 69:30 (NIV).
- Try to make peace with those that doesn’t like you and thank God for those people in your life. “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15 (NIV)
- Thank God for taking away your ego and making you a humble person. “Look now; I myself am He! There is no other god but Me! I am the One who kills and gives life; I am the One who wounds and heals; no one can be rescued from My powerful hand!” Deuteronomy 32:39
- Thank God for His continued presence in your life because “we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28.
- Pray for and thank everyone close to you for putting up with you. “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” Colossians 4:2 (NIV)
- From now on, try to find the best things to say in all situation, especially during hard times because a truly thankful soul is hard to achieve and even harder to keep. “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.” James 1:2
Say “Thank You” – A Motivational Video On The Importance Of Gratitude
What else would you add to this list? Have you ever being able to maintain a state of thankfulness in your life?